Doctoral College CO2Refinery (10 Positions)
As part of the Doctoral College CO2Refinery, TU Wien is offering ten positions as university assistant (Pre-Doc) for 4 years for 30 hours/week. Expected start: March 2021.
The Doctoral College CO2Refinery offers 10 interdisciplinary research projects in the field of activation and conversion of carbon dioxide to valuables focusing on innovative chemical and biotechnological reactions and pathways. Each project and PhD thesis will be supervised by at least two professors from the corresponding research areas.
Additional details on the individual projects can be found at https://www.tuwien.at/co2refinery.
- Deepening scientific knowledge and independent research work on the specific PhD topic
- Collaboration on current research projects
- Collaboration in academic teaching
- Preparation of scientific publications and a PhD thesis in English language
- Participation in regular events organized by the Doctoral College CO2Refinery
- Completion of an internship with one of our research partners and/or deepening of scientific knowledge during a stay with one of the other nine CO2Refinery research teams at TU Wien (lab rotation)
- Presentation of research results and participation in scientific events
- Completion of a master or diploma curriculum in technical chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related fields according to the requirements of the individual projects (details can be found here: https://www.tuwien.at/co2refinery)
- Experience in relevant research fields of the specific project selected
- Excellent skills in English communication and writing
- Readiness for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Team competences, problem-solving skills and innovative ability
- Diverse and exciting tasks, with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Central location with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz) in a city regularly ranked first worldwide for life quality
- Possibility of an internship with one of our international research partners
- Very competitive salary
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Entry level salary as a predoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 2.196,75/month gross (14 times/year) for 30 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
NOTE: Please make sure to state in your motivation letter which research projects are your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. Details on the individual projects can be found at https://www.tuwien.at/co2refinery.
We look forward to receiving your application until 31.12.2020.